Yes, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based business application platform that combines components of customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP), along with productivity applications and artificial intelligence tools.
The most popular choice for Dynamics 365 users, is deploying in the cloud. Cloud-based instances of Dynamics 365 are hosted on Azure, Microsoft Web-service's Platform.
- Flexibility: cloud allows programs and services to be built, tested, deployed, and managed from a network of managed data centers located across the globe.
- Pros: Hosting your software in the cloud essentially means that everything, from the program itself to your data, is stored online.
- Rather than purchasing a copy of the software and installing it on individual devices, you access it through the internet or in the same way that you’d log in to an email service provider websites( Hotmail or Gmail)
- A cloud-based instance of Dynamics 365, the software “lives” on Microsoft’s servers, so all you need to use it is an internet connection and a web browser.
- Microsoft is primarily responsible for maintaining all of your software infrastructures from their end, as the software is hosted on their servers. This includes managing security measures, issuing updates, and performing data backups.